free website stats program Hotrod gallop sound | Harley Davidson Forums

Hotrod gallop sound

I've recently spent a lot of money upgrading my performance and sound to get that hotrod gallop sound at idle. Didn't quite get there (because you can't with a big twin I've heard) but I got close, more like a trot trot, gallop, etc... but I got some gallop sound! thanks to an Andrews 26G cam, and emphasized by a great low hotrod exhaust sound, Vance & Hines Longshots. I'm satisfied....

but...., how would I get the bike to gallop at an idle like a dragster? (everyone rev's their bikes when showing how it sounds, Whoopee, you have aftermarket pipes, but how's it sound at idle?, most important to me)

What about the S&S shovelhead? What engines gallop stock? What engines are easily modified to gallop (w/ air, cam, & exhaust upgrades). Sportsters?

thanks

I've recently spent a lot of money upgrading my performance and sound to get that hotrod gallop sound at idle. Didn't quite get there (because you can't with a big twin I've heard) but I got close, more like a trot trot, gallop, etc... but I got some gallop sound! thanks to an Andrews 26G cam, and emphasized by a great low hotrod exhaust sound, Vance & Hines Longshots. I'm satisfied....

but...., how would I get the bike to gallop at an idle like a dragster? (everyone rev's their bikes when showing how it sounds, Whoopee, you have aftermarket pipes, but how's it sound at idle?, most important to me)

What about the S&S shovelhead? What engines gallop stock? What engines are easily modified to gallop (w/ air, cam, & exhaust upgrades). Sportsters?

thanks

Acutally what you are after is "lope", potato, potato, potato. It is absent in twin cams because of the higher idle speed, and built in timing advance in the ecm. Evolution engines "loped" a little more. Shovelheads and earlier engines "loped' the best. You could hear each firing of the cylinders. Aside from putting some wild cams in, I don't think you are gonna get the sound you want. I have a '68 shovelhead I would part with.:D

I now have a evo but the best sounding Harley I ever had was a 1980 FLT Shovelhead. I sold it and went to a TC Electra Glide. I was like you didn't like the sound. Sold it and bought the RK with Evo. Changed the cam , carb, breather, and exhaust. It sounds pretty good but nothing like the Shovel.

my twinn cam has a heck of a lope, talk of the town, SE 103 Htcc heads ,stroker pistons,se 260 cams,etc:small3d007:

Back