free website stats program Hot toppers | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot toppers

PeteINny

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or opinion on hot toppers. They are much cheaper than replacing the bolts for chrome ones and allot less work. How do they hold up over time. What do you think?

They are an alternative to replacing the bolts if you like the look. They also offer free replacement if anything goes wrong with the product.

I installed the HD kit and I must admit, it made the engine look really nice. The cover the allen heads so no water sits in them when you wash the bike and the smooth look is really nice. I actually like them more than the chrome bolts. Use clean silicone when you attach them since if anything pushes out it will be clear. You only need a little bit to attach them too.

It is amazing how expensive chromed plastic caps are however.

I've used Hot Toppers for some of the bolts I didnt want to replace,havent had any problem with them at all.

I put the expensive plastic hot topper "starter" kit on my engine ($80). It looks good and is holding up well. The only thing is I keep wondering if the bolts are tight underneath them.:newsmile040:

Other than being expensive the seem like a good choice. But then again what is not expensive on a toy.

I found some toppers on ebay for a third of the cost of hot toppers. I think they look as good and havent had any problems. There cheap enough if i lose some I can replace.

those hot toppers are expensive, in my opinion, so are the HD ones. I found a guy up at Biketober fest selling them in plastic begs at 10 for $3 !!! ( on sale from $5) 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch. Spent $30, did the bolts that I see the most and still have a few leftover for spares!!!
Cheap or Frugal??

They look nice but are a pain when you have to do any work! I used to add time to labor depending on what was being done when these things were on a bike.

Back