free website stats program Horn Relocation? | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn Relocation?

90FXRS

Contributor
I've been reading some posts about the LeNale fan, one by Smitty was rather humorous. I don't like the idea of relocating the fan to the front down tube. I thought I saw a picture of a Softail, which I what I'm riding, with the horn relocated to the rear down by the swingarm. Anyone seen this?

You run into problems with the engine heat effecting the horn in that position. The older wide glides had the horn directly behind the rear cylinder in that area and they had to relocate it to the old position on the left side beneath the tank to get them to work consistently.

You run into problems with the engine heat effecting the horn in that position. The older wide glides had the horn directly behind the rear cylinder in that area and they had to relocate it to the old position on the left side beneath the tank to get them to work consistently.

That never crossed my mind. I was looking at below and to the right of the coil if you're looking at the bike from the left side. It's an '01 Fatboy.

Another option
horn-1.jpg

That crossed my mind. So did an old bicycle bell mounted on the handlebar. :bigsmiley11:

I've been thinking of relocating my horn on my FXR. Currently located under battery in front of rear wheel. Very hard to get to. any thoughts as to where else is good.

Murf you can mount it to the rear of the left side electrical panel. Makes it a nice, easy change and should work with most horns. PM me if you like to see a detailed pic

Glider I was thinkin' of mountin' a super loud air horn (Sebel) at the top of the front downtubes, are you saying there is a problem with this location?

Back