free website stats program Horn Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn Issues

I have a 2008 Ultra Classic with a horn issue. What's the issue you might ask well it doesn't work. Fuses have been checked and all are good, hot lead to unit is good, but still no horn. Does this sound like a bad horn?

You only have to remove 1 nut to get the horn and cover off. Check that both wires are secure to the horn posts, then use a test light or meter to see if you are getting current across both. Have you done anything like washing the bike, changing grips or switch covers recently?

Occasionally diaphragm in horn sticks. If you have access to a compressor gently blow air into horn opening while depressing button. See if after removing cover if horn has a adjustment screw and adjust.

Hook a test light between the two wires for the horn and press the horn button. It will tell if the circuit is working or use a jumper and ground wire and connect to the horn terminals to test the horn.

Have you taken off seat lately?
My horn didn't work after I put in a new battery. Took seat off and noticed the power terminal to horn got disconnected when I put seat back on.

It could have possibly gone bad. Really!
I've replaced the horns on both my '02 Sportster and '07 Ultra.
Things don't last forever.

Sounds like great advise from all in getting this solved. For now however you can use other means in lou of the horn.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of ways here to trouble-shoot.
I disconected the wires to my horn and connected it to the car battery with my jumper cables. Horn was broke.

Back