free website stats program Horn Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn Issues

Greetings new to fourm. I have delveolped issues with my horn, problem is it has decided to stop working. I have check connections and fuses in fuse box. I find it funny that there is not a horn fuse listed on cover. I sat down for a few hours yesterday trying to figure out what is wrong with no success. Help please.:newsmile08:

You need battery , ground and a working horn to make noise. Test the connections at the horn while you have someone press the horn button and find what you are missing.

If you have no schematic, use the simplified one below...but be advised that newer HD models may use a relay so high current does not have to be handled by the horn button (similar relay wiring like that starter one shown). Do try to find a more complete schematic to be sure, and as Glider says, you can use an "inexpensive" horn by FIAMM $15 or so at AutoZone or O'Rielly's/Kragen to substitute horn (it is similar to the HD one commonly used).

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/3646-wiring_diagrams.html

Wiringdiag.jpg

Welcome to the forum, As Glider said check the power at the horn terminal and make sure the groung is good, the ground is where I have found most horn problems. This is what the manual says.
If the horn fails to sound or does not sound satisfactorily, check for loose, frayed or damaged wires leading to horn terminal, discharged battery or corroded ground. The horn is permanently sealed and non-repairable. Only the
mounting hardware is replaceable.

Back