free website stats program Hoppe Fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

Hoppe Fairing

walt5162

I'm thinking of getting the Hoppe Fairing (quick detachable fairing) with the radio. Does anyone know if it will plug directly into the auxilaury plug on a 07 RKC or does it need wired another way?

Thank you in advance AGAIN!

Walt

The aux switch terminates back by the battery so you would have to open that circuit to use the aux switch on the RKC. You may consider tapping into the spare fuse or accessory fuse in the fuse panel that would be ignition switch activated.

The fairing has a twist quick connect to the the fairing. The wiring harness has a black neg. wire and red fused positive wire that must be connected directly to the battery instead if an ignition switched source or you will lose the radio settings and channel settings every time the ignition is switched off. However, there is also a remote positive (red) wire that remotely allows the radio to power up that is to be connected to an ignition switched source. Actually I have this remote wire connected to the aux plug under the seat since it is a switched power source. I already had the plug from an old 12 volt lighter recepticle for it so it was a convenient source location.

You are welcome. Sorry for the spelling and grammar....when typing on my iphone at work it sometimes inserts the wrong letter and my never ending improper grammar just makes me sound like a country hick. But I do have lots of experience in making non HD items work. :)

Fifthgear.. how do you like the faring?
Work okay, have you had any problems with it?

THanks again

Walt

I just love the fairing. There are couple of things that I'd like to advise you of though. First if you order directly from Hoppe I'd advise the radio upgrade. Or consider ordering the fairing radio ready and buying the same upgraded radio from Ebay. For the features it's just an outstanding radio, with features that the most expensive radios would offer. Not only does the cd not skip the radio receiver has a wired USB port that you can add a memory stick to that can hold many many hundreds of songs to, it has satellite ready capabilities, aux port compatibility, ipod control capability, screen scrolling song title/folder capabilities, remote amp output, display color choices, aux input volume control, equalizer control, you name it this one has it. I am so impressed after reading the audio forums about it that I was glad it was offered. Actually the best part is that if you were to choose the most suitable most featured radio for the money you would only have to spend $128 on -line to have one of the most remarkable featured radios on the market for such a little price. I am an old electronics hound and have a part time DJ business. I tell ya, for the money you are getting a lot of radio/cd receiver. I can't say enough about it. Although I have the lower fairing speakers and an extra amp in the tourpak I was impressed with the standard upgraded four speaker radio system from Hoppe.

One thing to note...the windshield takes five mounting bolts instead of three. But, the standard Harley windshield will work. You either have to leave out two bolts or drill the two extra holes. Since the two extra holes keep the windshield securely mounted I prefer this method. There is no pulling out of the well nut rubber since the bolts go completely through the fairing halves attached with chromed acorn nuts. I just love the design and think it is better than a stock fairing from HD since there is no problem with the continuous fairing mount brackets breaking, like on the stock fairings from HD, or the windshield bolts coming loose or cracking the the windshield or pulling out of well nuts. It's a dream come true...and one more factor...the buffeting that is experienced on most HD fairing bikes is relieved because of the small amount of air that is allowed to pass between the headlight and the fairing that eliminates the strong suction experienced with the HD fairings which breaks the push-pull feeling (buffeting) on the head/helmet which is and has been a real problem for the HD fairinged bikes. Hope this helps you decide that a Road King is truly the king of the road with an after market fairing and is truly the ultimate multi purpose bike of all times.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot fifthgear! Pretty much no more to think about. I'm sold. I hadn't talked to someone who actually had one on their bike. I really like the versitilty it adds, plus still have my RKC which I love!

Thanks!

Walt

Thanks a lot fifthgear! Pretty much no more to think about. I'm sold. I hadn't talked to someone who actually had one on their bike. I really like the versitilty it adds, plus still have my RKC which I love!

Thanks!

Walt

Can't go wrong when you have posters like Fifth Gear who know what works and express themselves with such clarity...I have a Sporty and considered putting one on! :57:

Back