free website stats program Hope this is NOT too dumb a question... | Harley Davidson Forums

Hope this is NOT too dumb a question...

Fourdogs

I have a 2004 RK....when i get on ..sometimes I'm talking to the wife are something that takes my attention away from what i am doing (or its i am getting old)...when I turn the Ignition switch on I get the eng. light...and there have been times i hit the starter before the light goes out...which i was told to wait till it goes out...Whats happen during the time the lights on and am i hurting anything by being in a hurry sometimes ..?

I have a 2004 RK....when i get on ..sometimes I'm talking to the wife are something that takes my attention away from what i am doing (or its i am getting old)...when I turn the Ignition switch on I get the eng. light...and there have been times i hit the starter before the light goes out...which i was told to wait till it goes out...Whats happen during the time the lights on and am i hurting anything by being in a hurry sometimes ..?

Not really hurting anything but it needs time to pressure up and go through the self diagnostics which you are bypassing by starting before the light goes out.

i have always waited, just seemed like the thing to do, but i've noticed once in awhile the check engine light will come on for a few second, is it storing a code then? i've never gone back to check.

I used to worry about that, but now that I'm retired, I really don't care how long it takes to cycle through. I've got all day.

(Eat your hearts out!:D)

Back