free website stats program Hooligan kit and O2 sensors | Harley Davidson Forums

Hooligan kit and O2 sensors

Hey guys, hope everyone is well leading up to the holidays. I am installing the S and S hooligan kit in the 2010 sportster. I'll post some pics when I get started. Along with getting new pipes I thought I would go ahead and get new O2 sensors. ( the existing ones are pretty bad looking anyway) I notice there are differences in them (narrow band as opposed to wide band ect...) Also, going from 883 to 1200 in displacement. Is that a concern for the sensors or no? Any thoughts?

The difference in sensors is not plug & play. It's more complicated than I can explain. It can be done, kits are available. Google "Harley narrowband to wideband conversion".

The difference in sensors is not plug & play. It's more complicated than I can explain. It can be done, kits are available. Google "Harley narrowband to wideband conversion".
Check out youtube search for Don Harley... he has a video on O2 sensors and when you need different ones..

Thanks, I'll check that out. I should say here that I don't really want to go super high tech. If I can stay with just getting new stock O2 sensors that would be great. The big bore kit was expensive enough.

No power to be gained assuming you install a good fuel management system, like the Power Vision and get a proper dyno tune. Check with your local tuners about getting the bike on the dyno right after the motor work is complete so he can seat the rings on the dyno and move into a full tune all in one session. Many tuners using the Power Vision are selling licenses to their customer so the customer does not have to buy the Power Vision. Licenses go for $150-$250 depending on the tuner and a tune will run from $300-$400, at least that is the range in my neck of the woods.;)

Back