free website stats program Holy moly Fat Boy | Harley Davidson Forums

Holy moly Fat Boy

formike56

Hill Country Custom Cycles will set you up with a set for about 600.00$. It takes about four to six hours to swap them out. They come pre wired with the same color code as stock harley wiring. With chrome control & SS braided cables, Internal wired. All you need is basic tools & a little mechanical skills. HD dealer here told me the same price with them keeping bike for a couple of days to do it. Did it myself saved 900.00 for chrome..... They are on the web. Here is their addie Harley Davidson Service - Hill Country Custom Cycles Here is the link to there ebay store eBay Store - Hill Country Custom Cycles: Stainless Braided Lines, Handlebars Controls, Softail... Good luck....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Mini Apes 1" 1/4...wiring inside...20,000 mile check up and chrome forks installed for 1,270.00 bucks..the forks were already bought..so talking of just the labor...I was looking for the receipt to see what the Bars installation cost ...can't find the receipt...the Bars were 199.00 buck I do remember that and I remember the total..so yeah 1500 bucks is very steep.

that is a joke i changed my bars on RKC 08 and only took 2hours or so no way it should cost that much even replacing the cables

Be careful with Hill Country Customs, however. I ordered a set of 14" Wild Ones package job that had the housings and cables internally wired. They first sent me a 'knock-off' brand of apes. After numerous unanswered phone calls they did send me the Wild Ones...........16" tho.

I ordered from wild one direct and cost me between 2 and 3 hundred, about 60 for each cable from a different sourse (braided). not that hard to install, so try it yourself. may need a friend if you're not that handy.

Back