free website stats program Holy Brass Rivets Batman!!!!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Holy Brass Rivets Batman!!!!!!!!!

jerryw618

Dont know how my clutch it didnt destroy itself any further, but after finding brass rivet bits in my last fluid change and still riding it for the past week i had ordered an Energyone clutch pack kit and installed it today.
Well i opened up the clutch and found the rest of the rivets laying around the clutch basket (see pic 2)every single one of the rivets had come apart and the little spring plates were in a bunch at the bottom of the clutch plate pack . look at picture 1 you can see every rivet hole empty. pic 3 is all the rivet pieces i got out of the clutch basket.

I am really happy with the new energyone clutch pack its much tighter feels a lot better than the OEM one , feels like more power is making it to the wheel too. not a bad install took just under an hour no problems id give it a 2 on the difficulty scale

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 80
What kind of lube have you been using?

Gear lubes that have extreme pressure additives would be a bad choice for yellow metal if that is what those rivets were made of. Gear lube should not be used wherever yellow metal is present.

I use nothing but HD formula + in my primary

I'd have to say the old clutch was "semi bulletproof" to keep chugging along w/all that shrapnel rolling around in there. Glad you got 'er repaired & sounds like the new energyone clutch was good upgrade fm stock. How many miles did you get out of the old clutch?

I'd have to say the old clutch was "semi bulletproof" to keep chugging along w/all that shrapnel rolling around in there. Glad you got 'er repaired & sounds like the new energyone clutch was good upgrade fm stock. How many miles did you get out of the old clutch?

Hi there i have 24600 miles on the bike when i changed the clutch and im really surprised and relieved that more damage wasnt done too the clutch baskets or anything esle in there.
ive been riding a couple of days on the new clutch and im super happy with it. Eone makes a great product , its firm. grabs well i dont feel any slippage even going up the hills (my oem clutch slipped a lot even after doing my regular maintenance ie:fluid changes and adjustments) i expect my mileage will go up some now also .

Had the same thing happen on my 2011 Sporty when I hit about 21k miles. Took it in because of clutch felt funny. Fortunately it was still under warranty.

I don't know about Sporties. If this was a Twinkie engine, I would suggest a complete inspection of the stator. Metal flying around in the oil bath is bad news for stators. If Sporty stators are not exposed inthis way, disregard this post.

Good luck,
Rich P

Back