free website stats program holley carburetor | Harley Davidson Forums

holley carburetor

corrigon

Contributor
My 1999 dyna tc has a holley carb., part number R80579. It is a two barrel. I have not been able to find information on this carb. Any suggestions? I am looking for a kit for it.

The 2bbl Holly was a short lived partnership with HD.
Towards the end of the link, there are part #'s for genuine HD Screamin' Eagle rebuild kits. Harley & Holley Team Up To Produce Performance Carburetor

I have a strong feeling that "obsolete, not available" is what you will hear when you try to order them.

If you google search "Holly Harley carb." you may get some info. that helps you.

http://www.harley-davidson.com//en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J01838.pdf?version=desktop

Ronnie's appears to have what you need.

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's Check Out
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As several posts suggested, try Holley. I just had them rebuild a set of carbs from a 1962 Ford 406. They did a fantastic job, including replacing the butterfly shafts, ultra sonic cleaning, rebuilding the internals, new floats, gaskets, and exterior paint. Cost, including shipping was a tad over $600 for three carbs. What I am trying to say is that their customer support has improved drastically over the last few years. Give them a shout.

Thanks guys, I will try those links. I tried every way of wording holley with harley but no luck on this #. Even found a list of holley numbers to identify their carbs and the list came right up to r80578, one digit from mine and stopped so I figured then I was in trouble.

Can't help with your question but thanks for making me think of my hometown where the Holly Carb was invented along with Piper Airplanes, Zippo lighters, Case Knives, the Kinzua Bridge, Kendall Motor Oil and it is know as the highgrade oil metropolis of the world.

Bradford, PA

As was suggested I finally got in touch with the Holley people on their rebuild program and was informed it was a proprietary unit built for HD and parts no longer available. The guy gave me my laugh of the day by telling me to get in touch with the local HD dealer. Any how, the pump diaphragm and needle and seat are the most important pieces in it and could be found in other kits and I could make the gaskets so all is well. As usual thanks for the efforts to help.

Back