free website stats program Hogtunes - Radio Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtunes - Radio Problem

dtgiese

I just installed front and rear Hogtunes speakers on my 2001 FLHTCUI, EASY install, but I have lost sound from my front left speaker, comes on for a minute or two and then static and then stops completely, reinstalled the original speaker and it does the same thing, I have replaced the connectors to the speaker but still having the same problem. Have removed the radio plugs and blew them out. Did not fix it. Any ideas? :devil

I just installed front and rear Hogtunes speakers on my 2001 FLHTCUI, EASY install, but I have lost sound from my front left speaker, comes on for a minute or two and then static and then stops completely, reinstalled the original speaker and it does the same thing, I have replaced the connectors to the speaker but still having the same problem. Have removed the radio plugs and blew them out. Did not fix it. Any ideas? :devil
did you short out the speaker channel?

I would suggest that you call Pez at Hogtunes for some suggestions. They are really good people to talk to
kemo

I have this same exact problem with my front left; however, only when my iPod is plugged in. If I reinsert/reseat the iPod into the aux port the problem goes away. Sometimes it's the iPod plug that needs to be reseated at the base of the iPod.
If it does with with the raidio & the CD player then I'd definately check the speaker wires.

Good luck.

Back