free website stats program Hog Tunes Stereo | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Tunes Stereo

lionsm53

Banned
Anyone hip to the HOGTUNES TWEETER POD & 902.2-AA SPEAKER & AMP KIT COMBO? Seems like a pretty cool upgrade to me, but it is a little pricey too, like $4 hun, and some change.
Anyone know if about the installation of something like this?

Anyone hip to the HOGTUNES TWEETER POD & 902.2-AA SPEAKER & AMP KIT COMBO? Seems like a pretty cool upgrade to me, but it is a little pricey too, like $4 hun, and some change.
Anyone know if about the installation of something like this?

I have the HF-1 Hog Pod (Tweeter Pod) and the 902.2 Front Speakers on my Ultra. I don't have the amp but really don't need it with the Ultras 40 watt radio. The volume is plenty loud and the clarity is excellent, even at highway speeds. The Pod makes quite a difference in the sound.

A friend has the Pod on his Street Glide and it too sounds great, without the amp.
:USA

I installed 4 HogTunes speakers, amp and hogpod. Couldn't be happier. Installation is simple, even though you need to drill 4 holes for the hogpod.

Excellent sound at freeway speeds.

Sounds like everyone here is very happy with out the amp. Have any of you compared yours with one with an amp? Just curious, I am thinking I'm going to go with the Pod and new speakers on my 09 FLHX, I just don't want to get it back together and then wish I had gotten the amp. Never had the fairing apart so nervous about that part.................

Sounds like everyone here is very happy with out the amp. Have any of you compared yours with one with an amp? Just curious, I am thinking I'm going to go with the Pod and new speakers on my 09 FLHX, I just don't want to get it back together and then wish I had gotten the amp. Never had the fairing apart so nervous about that part.................

No need to fret over removing the faring, piece of cake. If memory serves me correctly there are 3 screws or is it 5? I have slept sense then and I don't have the service manual here at work. If you don't have a manual let us know and someone for sure can tell you where the screws are.

I too want to go with Hog Tunes but I don't want the pod. Thoughts on this?

OK glad to hear it isn't a big deal to remove the fairing. I do have a manual so when it comes that time I will check it out.
I was just wondering that, is the Pod even necessary with the replacement of the speakers?

Outer fairing removal is the 3 windscreen screws and 4 other screws (2 outside of the front speakers and 2 inside the fork tubes). If you take the time to do the speakers, do the amp (JMO). I did the amp and speakers at the same time and I wish I'd done the HogPod then. The HogPod adds soooo much better clarity sound, it's unreal. The extra tweets really make a huge difference at speed. I guess it depends how deep your wallet is, if $$ is no object, do it all and be done with it. After installing the HogPod, I'm 100% satisfied.

Back