free website stats program Historical code | Harley Davidson Forums

Historical code

FLST

05 Softail displays historical code P0122. Electronics manual only shows how to test TPS using a breakout box. Is there a way to test it without the box? Since this is an historical code and the bike seems to run fine is testing really necessary?

HDDON's post of link will tell you how to clear the code manually. It's for '04-'07(and up I believe). You can clear the Hist. code,ride a mile or 2, or more if the urge hits you. Then re-check to see if the code returns.
tourbox

I know how to retrieve codes and how to clear them. I cleared the code but haven't ridden yet because it's a bit chilly. Thank you for the input. I'll give her fifty rides and see what happens. That'll be fun.

I know how to retrieve codes and how to clear them. I cleared the code but haven't ridden yet because it's a bit chilly. Thank you for the input. I'll give her fifty rides and see what happens. That'll be fun.

I think you're mixing up procedures.

If you manually cleared the code, it's gone unless the malfunction occurs again and resets the code.

The fifty start/shut down cycles clears the historical code if you do nothing to it manually.

I think you're mixing up procedures.

If you manually cleared the code, it's gone unless the malfunction occurs again and resets the code.

The fifty start/shut down cycles clears the historical code if you do nothing to it manually.

Thank you for clarifying that for me Dr. Every time I log on here I learn a little bit more. If the code recurs I may be back for more info. Thanks again to all.

Back