free website stats program Hip Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Hip Replacement

Goose67

Going in for a hip replacement April 15th. Was wondering if anybody else has had this done and how long it took them to get back on the bike. Couldn't take the pain any longer.

Thanks,
Goose67

My brother had it done, he was back on the bike after 4 months. Of cource it was winter also. He is 6'4 and rides a Sportty.

I TOO need it done. Left one.

I am taking Puritan's #17897...Doubling there suggested dose of two a day, I take two Twice a day. (I've taken this product for 6 months now)

Puritian's Pride
Joint Soother*
GLUCOSAMINE
CHONDROTIN
MSM

Yes this stuff Does work and I have suggested to a few friends who took my advice and have GOOD results.

A friend had his replacement done and said he was in and out of the hospital in 3 days total. On supporting impliments (crutches then cane) for a month. After a month, he said it felt GREAT, Wished he did it earlier on and Not fought it like I and many others DO...

He was walking on his own after one month no supporting devices needed (age 55ish and not over weight)

He is a biker and went but back to a 3 wheeler.
I asked him IF that was needed because of his hip? He said NO, that he liked the three wheeler and had one not long before he bought the two wheeler goldwing now, just going back to 3.

I can say I do think he to be truthful about what I just said...

I'm still not ready MORE suffering needed:guitar

The BAD thing about taking the above self administered product is IT Does Work for me. I have actually IMPROVED to where I put off the replacement.

IF you have private insurance get it done or wait for obama care to tell you NO....

40$ thousandish is what my friend said his cost two years ago.

I'd better Heed my OWN Advice...:newsmile105:

signed....BUBBIE

I had cronic hip pain for 12 years. It was pretty constant pain. Anyway my Son and Daughter-in law bought me a rumble roller this summer for my birthday and I started rolling. I should mention that I made a Sch40 PVC prod to try and get to the pain but without success. This roller got to the pain and I was able to get rid of it all by just rolling like 4 to 5 times a day. I am pain free today and while I still don't have the flexibility the pain is gone. It was literally a miracle for me. RumbleRoller Home I just roll when I need it now and that is mostly to get that muscle under my sholder blade, but every now and then I hit the hip.

Webbtron,

I use a standard hardball "A Mariner's Baseball"...:D

It must do similar to that Neat rolling product you posted. (thank you)
I too use Rolling to work out the cramp/pain in the mucles. My pain is in the posterior part of my left side.:newsmile105:

Rolliing on the mat with a hardball Does make it bearable for riding my bike.

Riding IS my life and without that, things would bore me to an early grave.

I'm looking into that roller so Thanks again. I'll let you know "Here" If I buy one...

signed....BUBBIE

Going in for a hip replacement April 15th. Was wondering if anybody else has had this done and how long it took them to get back on the bike. Couldn't take the pain any longer.

Thanks,
Goose67

Hope it goes well and you have a quick recovery.

Well I have had both hips replaced and am able to ride the road king. Be sure to do the PT exercises pre and post surgery. My replacements were 6 years apart and it has been 4 years since the last, 10 years since the first. Technology has improved the prothesis. procedure and recovery is much better. You will be walking the day following the surgery with a walker. There will be restrictions on certain movements and positions. What I have found is my legs are weaker, and my balance is a bit off. Hit the gym and doing much better now. I had to get a cushion for sitting. You'll be glad you did the replacement.

just had left hip replaced april 10 2012. i rode my bike after 5 weeks, it was a little ruff getting on. i walked on that bum hip for 20 years until i just couldn't take anymore. pain free now. oh yea, i didn't tell the doc i took a ride.

Webbtron,

I use a standard hardball "A Mariner's Baseball"...:D

It must do similar to that Neat rolling product you posted. (thank you)
I too use Rolling to work out the cramp/pain in the mucles. My pain is in the posterior part of my left side.:newsmile105:

Rolliing on the mat with a hardball Does make it bearable for riding my bike.

Riding IS my life and without that, things would bore me to an early grave.

I'm looking into that roller so Thanks again. I'll let you know "Here" If I buy one...

signed....BUBBIE
I hear you Bubbie. Coming to a stop after only a couple of hundred miles I wondered if that hip was going to work. I wondered on the trip to Salt Springs but it did great. I know it sounds like snake oil and in the beginning my own family thought I was blowing smoke but I am pain free. They also sent a book that was helpful "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies. Mine came from Amazon but I bought my Brother a used one from Abebooks.com It was very interesting what this guy has to say about carpal tunnel

Back