free website stats program Hillside/Woods 103" build | Harley Davidson Forums

Hillside/Woods 103" build

B-1B_Guy

Does anyone have experience/knowledge of Cyclerama's Perfect Street build?

I am looking for stump pulling torque for my 103 and have done lots of homework on different builds. Cyclerama will massage/mill the heads, install their new CR575 lift cams/bearings, install 1.90 Intake Valves/1.63 Exhaust Valves w/ heavy springs & send adjustable pushrods & gaskets.

Cyclerama guarantees a 100/100 motor that starts pulling hard at 1800 RPM.

I think nightrider.com is a great site for the performance minded rider and Cyclerama heads are used more than any other head.

Anyhow, just want to know what you guys know about this Perfect Street build.....let me know.

thanks in advance.

re: Hillside/Woods 103" build

Don't know about Cyclerama. Don't know exactly what you are looking for but some are getting 100+TQ and very near 100HP just by bolting in a set of Andrews 54 cams. Of course exhaust and tune will determine whether or not you hit the 100/100 but a much more cost effective approach and others have proven that it is doable. The 54 cams were new for Andrews last year and are a high lift version of the 37 with a 4* retard; great cams for a 103".

Another option if you aren't looking for much after 4500rpm would be a set of SE255s; all torque, right now. Peak numbers would probably be 100+TQ and 90ish/HP but the torque comes on off idle and peaks between 2500rpm and 3000rpm. These cams will make sixth gear actually usable and provide the stump pulling torque you are looking for.

Again, a lot will depend on exhaust and tune. You will need the PC, SERT, SEST, or TSS Mastertune; whichever your tuner likes. A good set of slipons like Rush, Cycle Shak or Rinehart if you want to stay with duals although a system like D&D Fatcat with ghost pipe would be better.

Cycle Rama's 100/100 is a designation for the least one would get from 95", as I understand. With a 103" numbers are more like 120/120 depending on pipe, induction, tune,etc. Check Jim Prokop's 103" dyno sheet from Cycle Rama's site. I'm doing this build next month.

There are many vendors that can supply similar builds (Baisley, Hillside, GMR, etc). Talk to several of them and find one that "clicks" with you and your needs. I appreciated Scott Palmer's (Hillside) approach, told him where I was going (i.e. camplate) and he pointed out the things that weren't necessary which saved me some money.

thanks for the advice guys, I am going to call Hillside tomorrow and will go with them (based on Bob Woods recommendation). Clutch recommendations?

You're at 103", install Andrews 26 cams, Thunder Max A/T and 551 map (unless it's throttle by wire) then never mind:small3d029:

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I'm already running a PCV w/ autotune so maps aren't an issue for me. I assume you're referring to the S&S 551 cam.........that was one of my top choices but decided to go w/ Woods, not sure why but I know I'll be happy. Customer service is important to me and I already feel good about my transaction w/ Bob. More to come.......

Not cam 551,TMax map 551.

Wish you success on the build, mine is a DIY, expenses... parts only.

Happy New Year to You and Yours.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I'm with you, I thought you mean a 551 cam grind (like S&S's). I waited and waited for Zipper's to come out w/ a TMAT for TBW bikes but it took too long so I went w/ the PCV. I have Woods TW-7H cams on the way and Hillside Cycle is going to do a stage 3 port on my heads. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm doing all the maintenance myself to help keep cost down.

Well,

I tore into the old girl yesterday and here's where I ended up. I'm shipping the heads in to Hillside Cycle this week for their Stage 3 heads. My TW-7H cams should be here this week. I'll keep you posted on the progress and may even have a question or two.

B1

Attachments

• Bike build 012.jpg
    Bike build 012.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 78
Back