free website stats program Highway peg mounting | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway peg mounting

DCLARKE

I am putting highway pegs on my road king and need your opinion. The mounts are the harley 360 degree ones ( mount on the engine guard ). The peg directions say to mount the pegs so they fold back towards the rear tire. I understand their reason for this but it just seems more practical to have them fold straight up to the tank. Safety wise it would be better to follow the directions but I feel if you hit something with a peg you are in a bad way regardless of which diretion they fold up. My previous bikes have folded straight up. Any thoughts? Thanks !

on my 05 RKP they fold up. there was a thread around a little while ago that went into it more.

Depends on the angle you place them...mine fold up too (like others) and I marked height w/masking tape before cinching down so get them where I wanted & level. So...put them on where they work best for your taste/comfort. Cheers!

I guess you gotta look at what's the difference. You're right, if you lay it down at 50 MPH you probably will have to replace a few parts anyway. But what if it just tipped over on the jiffy? I guess we could get Myth Busters to try it both ways, but my guess is fold back, fold up, no difference... Seems like fold up would be the best for USE, but probably the same for CRASH

Mine fold mostly up, slightly back.

I adjusted them 100 times until I found the sweet spot.

The folding back is so that will happen if you are a bit too close to something.

TQ

Back