free website stats program Highly Reccomand doing this | Harley Davidson Forums

Highly Reccomand doing this

BuffaloBill

Hello Gang
For 08/09 models As Gider sugested (Thank you Glider) I was having issues with my TBW (throttle by wire) throttle Fluchuating between 1500-2200 I took it it back to HD Dealer for the Download Took about 45 minutes *Under Warranty Even if you do not have this issue I would reccomand it as this download will help prevent it from occuring. Bike now runs GREAT

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays
BuffaloBILL

Glad it worked out for you.

TT380 – June 12, 2008 - High Idle Complaints on 2008 Touring Models

Due to ’08 Electronic Throttle Control calibration strategy parameters and throttle grip sensor
variability some customers have experienced intermittent changes in idle RPMs. This
condition is caused by a change in the zero position stored to memory in the ECM, as
determined by the last four readings seen at key OFF. This cannot increase engine speed
while riding but would change the idle RPM, similar to adjusting the throttle stop screw on a
carbureted model.
To correct this condition we will be making several changes to the throttle grip sensor to
reduce voltage variances and also update the way the calibration’s strategy looks at and
records these voltages. Completion of these changes and test validation will take several
months.
In the interim we have released revised calibrations in the latest version of Digital Tech to
alleviate the high idle concerns for those customers experiencing the condition. The current
software version (1.004.001) and details of the changes can be viewed by selecting the
What’s New button on the home screen of DTII. This info is also on h-dnet under:
Service>Tools & Equipment Info>DTII>Version Updates-What’s New. The new calibrations
will leave the ECM powered up for 10 seconds after key OFF to complete housekeeping,
allowing the rider more opportunity to release the throttle grip, so the throttle control can
return to true zero before the ECM power is shutdown. This should eliminate rider induced
zeroing issues. Additionally, the new calibrations will be less sensitive to voltage changes due
to an increased dead-band in the operating strategy. Under certain conditions and riding
styles some customers may notice a slightly different throttle feel, or comment on reduced
engine responsiveness. This is due to the increased dead-band and will feel similar to a loose
throttle cable adjustment on non-ETC vehicles.
Therefore, we recommend only reflashing vehicles for customers experiencing the high idle
concern and wait for the next version calibrations before updating vehicles on a wider scale.
SE Race Tuner and SE Super Tuner calibrations have not been updated at this time, and
reflashing a stock cal over a Tuner cal may only temporarily alleviate the high idle, until you
reflash back to a tuner cal.
It is recommended anytime you replace ECM, TGS or Reflash the calibration to cycle the Ign.
switch 4 times, waiting 10 full seconds after keying off between cycles, to relearn zero TGS
position.
The following warranty credit procedures will apply to domestic dealers only:
Warranty credit will be allowed for reflashing the calibration at the usual rate.
For OE calibrations including CVO, file an MC claim using labor code 7804 for 0.2 hours
labor.
For SWR’ed P&A calibrations, file a PNA claim using labor code 8209 for 0.2 hours labor.
Non-registered P&A performance calibrations will require preauthorization for warranty credit.
NOTE: Labor code 8209 is a new code and may need to be downloaded into your system.

One sujestion is to allow the engine to idle down for a couple seconds prior to shut off, if you like to rev the engine prior to shut down you will create the above idle condition, if that happens you can reset proper 0 % throttle position signal by following the procidure located in GLIDERS tsb. Have the run switch in run poaition and than cycle the ignition switch 4 times allowing the engine light to cycle off between each switch off of the prociedure, this will allow computer memory to reset throttle setting to 0 % open,

Last edited:
One sujestion is to allow the engine to idle down for a couple seconds proir to shut off, if you like to rev the engine prior to shut down you will create the above idle condition, if that happens you can reset proper 0 % throttle position signal by following the procidure located in GLIDERS tsb. Have the run switch in run poaition and than cycle the ignition switch 4 times allowing the engine light to cycle off between each switch off of the prociedure, this will allow computer memory to reset throttle setting to 0 % open,

But if it's an item covered under the warranty, why not get it fixed and then not have to worry about doing that? That's what I'm going to do and I haven't even had that problem yet.

But if it's an item covered under the warranty, why not get it fixed and then not have to worry about doing that? That's what I'm going to do and I haven't even had that problem yet.

I agree, this was an idea of what can be done to poss. correct idle condition untill the bike can be taken in for the update, like if this happens while out on a trip or?

Hello Gang
For 08/09 models As Gider sugested (Thank you Glider) I was having issues with my TBW (throttle by wire) throttle Fluchuating between 1500-2200 I took it it back to HD Dealer for the Download Took about 45 minutes *Under Warranty Even if you do not have this issue I would reccomand it as this download will help prevent it from occuring. Bike now runs GREAT

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays
BuffaloBILL

Im curious how long this procedure actualy takes?I brought my bike by the dealer for the download and it was supposedly done in 15 minutes.Now Im wondering if they even did it.

The actual procedure shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes but usually involves removing the seat etc to access the data connector.

Back