free website stats program Hidden Antenna that works?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hidden Antenna that works??

BuddyK

Has anyone had any success with any of the hidden fairing mounted AM/FM/WB antenna's? I'm wanting to remove mine from the tour pack on my Electra Glide and would rather not have it visible at all if possible.

I have tried 3 different types of hidden antenna. All give pretty good reception if your not to far out in the country. I now have a marine type hidden and it works as well as as any I have tried. I picked it up off ebay for about $40. I also picked up a dual antenna plug so that when I have the box off the back of the bike I can use the whip antenna, which gives good reception out in the country.

We used this one that Glider recommended for my husband's bike, it seems to work fairly well for when he forgets the ipod.

Hidden Antenna For Touring Bikes - Harley Davidson Community

If you do a forum search for 'hidden antenna' you will get about 2 pages of threads to read through. :s

Joy you mods are great, thats the same one I have now in the bike. It was easy to install and is the best one of the three I have tried.

I have tried 3 different types of hidden antenna. All give pretty good reception if your not to far out in the country. I now have a marine type hidden and it works as well as as any I have tried. I picked it up off ebay for about $40. I also picked up a dual antenna plug so that when I have the box off the back of the bike I can use the whip antenna, which gives good reception out in the country.

I have the same set up, with the same results. Like Joy suggested, do a forum search for , some good info.

Last edited:
I bought a powered antenna at a local auto supply store. Plastic, "T" shaped. plugged right into the back of the radio, zip tied the ends where ever they ended up, and have been happy ever since. When I ride in remote areas I tend to listen to the Ipod or a CD anyway so I can't really comment on the range.

Back