free website stats program hidden antenna on ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

hidden antenna on ultra

looz98

i just installed a hidden antenna on my 07 ultra glide .....here's a problem i'm having.......when the bike is running i get some static but when i go to put my hands on the throttle n clutch get a whole bunch of interference..followed directions to the t...but i'm wondering if there is some kinda tweak or trick that someone knows that may help.....
thanks

What little I know about radios and antennas makes me think that your body is acting like an antenna when you touch the bike, causing interference. Did you tape off or otherwise insulate the original antenna cable ends? Meaning is it possible they are touching the new antenna plug in? Is the hidden antenna taped to the inside of the outer fairing, or laid across metal components on top of the radio?

antenna is installed on the face of inner fairing....thats what directions called for ........
not touching any metal........

Is the hidden antenna a powered/amplified or non powered type? I'm trying to come up with possible reasons, but not doing too good.

It seems like Breeze is asking all the right questions and has knowledge about antenna and radio that I do not. That being said the OP did not say who's antenna this is or if it is the powered (amplified) or non. It is my understanding that the amplified is used where you have a long cable run to attach to the radio and does not "boost" the signal that is recieved. I have a marine hidden diapole antenna and have a "Y" connector so that both the stock antenna and the hidden are both plugged into the radio, and have no problem with interference. Could the OP's antenna be defective?

I am trying to install a HD boom audio hidden antenna on a 2012 street glide. I need some info on how to get the fairing off. I have taken out the 3 top windshield bolts and 2 bolts out of the inside fairing. is there anything else I need to know, any tricks. how about the headlight. any help please

Back