free website stats program Hickup | Harley Davidson Forums

Hickup

rydahog

So first full tank of gas, with rush.2.25's and k&n a/c bike is tuned in to stock settings, gen3 efi.

4 7 5 4 3 3.5

went 150 miles,, shut bike off for approx 15 mins....
Cranked up bike, 1,2,3 gear..approx 2000 rpm's, 40 mph...then about 3,4 hickups in a row,,until i throttled up..then it stopped.
hickup is like starving for gas? not POPing like from exhaust leak or air? it seems to me...was going to go up in yellow setting 1/2 or 1 full setting ?

didnt check connections yet,,but went to exhaust manifold bolts and they were a little loose, one nut on each manifold clamp was between 2 and 4 turns loose,,will try that first on test ride see if things improve,,if not, efi connectors and wires? will update..

no diff. with ride..will check connections tomorrow,, seems to happen in 1st. at slow speed, also and most of the time in 3rd and 4th gear, at steady speed.. 30-40 mph and steady.. no excellerating. ?

oops..it may appear that for my bike i used the wrong settings...:(((

i dont know where i got the ones i used ,,but according to dobeck site i now have proper #;s to go by ,,,cant wait till the morning,:)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks glidester, spoke with chris at dobeck and swapped the injector cables, also took OFF the parade Mode? not sure it was problem by could not hurt to get it off mode,, bike ran wonderful, no burp,studder,,and improved gas mileage.
thanks again..Thanks Chris...:small3d028:

Back