free website stats program Hi | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi

Tom Mitchell

Hi I'm Tom 56 from Whyalla South Australia. Wife thinks I'm having a midlife crisis. I recently bought a 1993 Heritage Softail Nostalgia. I just couldn't say know when I seen and heard it. Now I need to learn how to keep it going. I have the break light issue which appears to be common, so I want to take the console off to checkout the wiring. There are two red wires that go into female side of the plug one from the console and one from the rear (brake I guess). My first question is how do you remove plastic odometer adjustment knob it seems to be stopping me from lifting the console high enough to see what I am doing ?

Welcome from Spokane, Wa.
No answer for you on how to vet the knob removed.
But I can recommend to keep the gas tank full and don't let the smoke out of the wires.
Enjoy that bike and be safe.

Welcome from So. Texas. Look into the end of the reset knob, there is a small screw holding it on. It usually has Lock-Tite on it so don't ruin the head.
tourbox

Welcome from Georgia. Enjoy your scooter. Nothing wrong with a midlife crisis now and then.

Welcome from NW Indiana. You need a very small screwdriver, and the screw is in the middle of the knob as indicated previously, and it will be tight. :cool:

Greetings from Illinois! Got to Fremantle/Perth while in the service,lovely area,but lots of flies.It was a port where a lot of guys went UA. I forget the exact ratio,but there was more women than men.They even had these scrolls on the docks where people would invite you to their homes,and wouldn't extradite you if you stayed.

Back