free website stats program Hi All from WA State | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi All from WA State

jmg126

Banned
I have found myself in this particular predicament of passion for Cafe Racer style motorcycles. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was young. It started again when I won, in a raffle, a refreshed but not fully restored 1970 Yamaha R5 350 twin 2-stroke. Then for some reason I immediately went looking at how to go abouit changing it into a Cafe Racer. I have it torn down, soon to put back together.

Shorten the story, I like to do American made whenever possible, so I went looking at Harley for a Cafe Racer style bike. That was my mistake, to go looking, when I found a 2012 Big Blue Pearl Fourty-Eight sitting on the showroom floor. Needless to say I brought it home the next day. For some reason I did not care for the XR1200. Don't know why, that 48 just pulled me right in.

It is a blast to ride. I get compliments everywhere I go. With its smaller size and weight, I demand it to respond and it faithfully does without questions or compromise. I know, its not for long trips though.

That's my story and I am sticking with it. Although I do waterboard myself every morning in the shower to find out what I will be doing that day.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back