free website stats program Hey all! Here to learn and help out where I can | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey all! Here to learn and help out where I can

I've recently acquired a 2017 FXSB. My the fourth bike in my garage but my first Harley.

It's got a bunch more electronics than I'm used to and all my local bike mechanics charge like wounded bulls so I've got a lot to learn, fast.

I'm hoping to make a few good connections here, learn a bunch and help out where I can. Hopefully it's an active community.

Ride safe all

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Hopefully you have the manual, that will be your best friend.
I've been scouring the net for one and found one for a 2015.. I think it's the same, printer cracked it at me so I haven't had a chance to print it yet though I'll hopefully I get that sorted tonight. All 636 pages of it . It's going to be my Bible

Any common issues I should keep a heads up for with the 103?

And since in asking, a friend of mine has a heritage Softail that's probably about 2017 and he's Speedo overreads and is erratic. He says at 60 it'll be showing well over a hundred and at a hundred, it's off the dial. Is that a common issue? I assume it's gotta be the gear on the speedo cable not meshing properly but apparently it's been to the shop for it three times and it's always failed immediately after leaving so I assume it's gotta be at least a little complicated..

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Thanks mate .

I'm from a little less than sunny Melbourne, Australia

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!
Thank you glad to be here.

Welcome to the forum from Scotland

Brian
Thank you Brian. It's good to be here

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been scouring the net for one and found one for a 2015.. I think it's the same, printer cracked it at me so I haven't had a chance to print it yet though I'll hopefully I get that sorted tonight. All 636 pages of it . It's going to be my Bible

Any common issues I should keep a heads up for with the 103?

And since in asking, a friend of mine has a heritage Softail that's probably about 2017 and he's Speedo overreads and is erratic. He says at 60 it'll be showing well over a hundred and at a hundred, it's off the dial. Is that a common issue? I assume it's gotta be the gear on the speedo cable not meshing properly but apparently it's been to the shop for it three times and it's always failed immediately after leaving so I assume it's gotta be at least a little complicated..
Check ebay and a few other sites for the manual for your particular year and model, may save your printer.

Back