free website stats program heritage tire alignment | Harley Davidson Forums

heritage tire alignment

lscharl

the rear tire on my 09 heritage custom is not in line with the rear fender it is approx 1/2 to 1 inch to the left...the dealer assures me this is normal with the 09 models...drives me nuts...anyone else have a similar situation

the rear tire on my 09 Heritage is perfectly centered.not bragging mind you but just letting you know that you may have problem as stated by hobbit

the rear tire on my 09 heritage custom is not in line with the rear fender it is approx 1/2 to 1 inch to the left...the dealer assures me this is normal with the 09 models...drives me nuts...anyone else have a similar situation
I ride a 2009 heritage and my rear fender has 3/8 " clearance on right side and 1 1/8 on left. The harley dealership tried to fix it but could'nt. Finally harley tech said that was it not to bring it back.They said it met harleys specs.I guess I will have to live with it. It looks really bad though.

I had the same problem with my rear fender not lining up with the wheel. When I installed the front and rear fender rails I adjusted the fender strut bolts as per the shop manual. It involves torquing, loosening and retorquing the bolts. Sorry I'm only glossing over the procedure, I don't have the manual handy right now. In any case, that changed the fender alignment but it's still not perfect. I asked the same question in this post Rear wheel/fender alignment question - Harley Davidson Community The picture I attached in that post shows how bad the alignment was just a few days after I brought the bike home from the dealer. I bought it brand new with only 2 miles on it so obviously who ever built the bike at the factory, or whoever uncrated it and set it up at the dealer before I got it, didn't set it up correctly. Sorry I don't have updated pix but I took a spill in May and the dealer is still working on the bike. They had to replace the frame so we'll see how the alignment is when I get her back, hopefully early next week.
HTH

I have the same problem on my 2009 heritage, I have more space on the left side then the right side, its very noticeable. When looking at my rear fender, the tire is not centered is this normal?

I have a 09 Fatboy and have the same alignment problem. I've asked the dealership how I can fix the problem, they had no answer other that that's just how those softails are. Not happy with the response!!!

I ride a 2009 heritage and my rear fender has 3/8 " clearance on right side and 1 1/8 on left. The harley dealership tried to fix it but could'nt. Finally harley tech said that was it not to bring it back.They said it met harleys specs.I guess I will have to live with it. It looks really bad though.
If I were you I would be looking for a new dealer!!!

Back