free website stats program Heritage 103 Stalling when let off at speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage 103 Stalling when let off at speed

I'm really new to this so bare with me. Recently my 103 will stall when I let off the throttle when approaching a stop sign or light. Once I restarted while still moving and once I waited to find neutral after I stopped. Motor runs fine, doesn't miss or hesitate otherwise. It has also started fluctuating in RPM at idle by 200-300 Rpm. Also has reved up to 1500-1700 at idle. All of this is just occasionally. Any ideas???

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe the speed sensor has some metal fuzz on it or is starting to fail.
It is a magnetic pick-up on the tranny.

Some more info is always useful.
Miles, any upgrades, anything done to bike lately?

There is a way HD can eliminate this problem IF NOT Induced by You...(electronic program)

IF you are not throttling the bike at shut off and if your not goose-E. It just may need a little TLC.

ON and OFF the Key, several times(5) without doing anything else AND KEEP Hand off the accelerator..

Key ON-----allow the normal process of waiting for lights out,,, DON'T start.
BUT Turn the key OFF.... Do this CYCLING 5 times and it may re-set the electronic problem you are having...

signed....BUBBIE

The bike has 4200 miles. It had a Stage 1 done at 1,000 miles. Kurykan Pro Hypercharger Air System and Freedom Performance True Dual Exhaust. Sreaming eagle Tuner and Dyno setup by the dealer. Just started this stalling and rpm changing recently.

Yeh, the heritage is still under warranty. I was just trying to find a quick fix and or obtain some thoughts on the problem. Also trying to wait for the 5,000 mile check up which will be soon since the dealer is 45 mile away.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know which one worked. I thoroughly cleaned the K & N filter in the Hypercharger and I also On Offed the ignition -5- times. Took a 40 mile run and the 103 run like it did right after the stage one was done. I was amazed at how dirty the K & N was with only 3,000 miles of use.:)

Back