free website stats program heritage 08 alarm problem | Harley Davidson Forums

heritage 08 alarm problem

sambeak

Can anyone tell me why my alarm system will not shutdown so that I can remove my battery to install a thundermax unit. Nothing will stop the alarm as soon as i try to remove the battery terminals

All you need to do is 1st turn on the ignition,,, With the ignition now ON, the main battery terminals can be removed.

The siren unit has a standby battery built in it that enables the alarm to blow if someone tampers with the main bike battery..

All you need to do is 1st turn on the ignition,,, With the ignition now ON, the main battery terminals can be removed.

The siren unit has a standby battery built in it that enables the alarm to blow if someone tampers with the main bike battery..

Hoop, this will still happen with the alarm turned off ?

I will be replacing my battery soon and would have made the same post.
Thank, ahead of time.

Hoop, this will still happen with the alarm turned off ?

Even if I have my keyless FOB on the seat of the bike, the alarm will sound if I disconnect my Main Bike battery (or pull the Maxi-fuse). I can't say if the same holds true for a "Key Button" type FOB, but my guess is that it will.

This is the way to test your 'standby' battery in your alarm. As long as the main bike battery is hooked up, the alarm sounds using the main battery as it's power source.. But when you pull the fuse with the ignition off, it sounds from the small standby battery. But since the standby battery is only a 8.4 @ 200ma battery, the DB level of the siren is a bit lower. (at least in my case it is).

Back