free website stats program Help!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help!!!

henedjer

Need some help,I have a 2004 FXDLI WITH 9800 MI.just picked it up very low miles its been sitting a while,it runs very nice very quiet engine but here's the problem.If I ride like Grandma no problem,If I ride my usual way like I just stole it it pukes oil out the breathers in the heads is exsesively.ok sat awhile I'm thinkin umbrella valves dried out so I take rocker box tops off replace umbrella valves and gaskets put a straight edge on the surface to check is ok replaces gaskets filters and umbrellas.This helps a little still pukin oil pull off a/c cover blow air thru breather on rear head until I hear flow to front and vice versa so no clogs in oil returns to oil pan (edit) is goin on.someone anyone????

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the engine overserviced with oil? Air filter dirty? How's the oil pressure? Have the cam chain tensioners been checked? Scavenge element of the oil pump doing its job?

As JimHarvey mentioned above, the oil pump scavenge should be checked. I remember that the 88's were delicate about oil pump alignment. There were lots of articles about it.

Back