free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

CRAZYDAVE

I'am 5' HIGH HAVE A 2007 SPORSTER LOW WHAT IS THE SHORTEST SHOCK I CAN USE SO I CAN RIDE FLAT FOOTED,OR ANY THING ELSE I CAN DO TO IT TO LOWER IT MIND YOU IT IS A LOW!

THANKYOU
ELIZABETH:)

I'am 5' HIGH HAVE A 2007 SPORSTER LOW WHAT IS THE SHORTEST SHOCK I CAN USE SO I CAN RIDE FLAT FOOTED,OR ANY THING ELSE I CAN DO TO IT TO LOWER IT MIND YOU IT IS A LOW!

THANKYOU

How about a lower seat and thicker soled boots?

A Reach seat or a low seat. I had a LaPerra (spelling?) low profile seate on my Sportster and it made a lot of difference. I also found a good pair of motorcycle boots with a thick sole helps a lot. I'm not a lot taller at 5' 3" and I was easily able to flat foot my sporty with the low profile seat and good boots.

Best of luck to you!

Before altering the suspension I would try boots with taller soles and/or changing the seat for the best bang for your buck without possibly making a harsher ride which sometimes happens when lowering the stock suspension.

Different boots alone can make a world of difference.

LOL you guys beat me to it!

THANKYOU

Elizabeth, the previous posters related to footwear change, which is the lowest cost immediate results method, with fewer drawbacks and no mods to the bike are necessary. :)

Lowering the bike by changing shocks can be an expensive way to go, generally $350 or so to get a pair of shorter rear shocks, but I would contact Progressive Shocks customer service...they can size them to meet your height and total weight (rider + gear) for your year and model bike. :s

Please note: shortest shock is not the best, as it will affect handling and ground clearance, which can also be more hazardous then the "cure".:hii

Back