free website stats program Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Help

epee30

I have just purchased a 2003 Fat Boy and I am a total newbe , I am looking to purchase a used windshield.
I can find used windshields, but I am not sure which will fit my Fat Boy
I have the Chrome front end kit with the mounting bracket.
Help!!
Thanks

Epee; Until someone that has specific knowledge responds, try searching on a website like J&P or Dennis Kirk, maybe ebay. Search for windshields, then note which models/years the same part # fits. That should get you started.

You are probably better off with a new windshield. The ones from Memphis Shades are very reasonable. Like Breeze says, check JP or Dennis Kirk.

Welcome to the Forum. You made a good choice,however I might be a little biased since I have an 03 Fatboy myself :bigsmiley10:

For your bike it depends on what accessories you have. You say that you have a chrome front end but that can mean different things. Does it have the standard headlight or does it have a nacelle headlight? Does it have auxiliary lights (smaller lights on each side of the headlight)? There are at least 4 different scenarios that each require a different mounting bracket. They all look similar but the spacing is different.

If you don't know which one you need you might want to go to the dealer to see which one it is. Then you can look one ebay or craigslist to find a used one. If at all possible I would go with a h-d windshield. They are well made.

Randall

Thank you for your help I will go to the HD dealer and find which one will fit and take it from there
thanks again
This is my first Harley and I will be a great riding season!!

If yours has the chrome front end, (headlight looks like a Road King) you will need a Road King windshield (the plastic part) as the Fat Boy windshield won't fit over the headlight. I know I have the same setup. Buy new, its a pretty important piece of equipment. The hardware is the expensive part. I would go with HD stuff.

Back