free website stats program Help. Won't start. | Harley Davidson Forums

Help. Won't start.

Mark757

Hi gang. I accidentally left my ignition(therefore my lights) turned on for a while after I parked the bike last weekend. I turned it off and parked the bike for the week and figured I'd just jump-start it this weekend when I got ready to ride. I did so(which has worked easily once or twice before) but it won't start. It has power and tries but it won't quite turn over. Like the starter is stuck. Would that be possible? Why would it have done that just as/because of I let the battery run down a bit?
Fix?
Ideas?
Thanx in advance for any help.
Can't afford to take it in if I don't have to and surely this is something simple. Bike in great condition and nothing else happened.

2008 FXSTB Softail Night Train

Well, welcome to the forum. If you don't have a charger, I'd pull the battery and have it load tested. Running it down several times is pretty hard on battery life! That's where I'd start anyway! Good Luck!:breakdance:cheers

I left my parking lites on awhile back for a week, Toasted the battery, It never would take a charge after that, so I just replaced it..

Yep, if it's a 2008/original battery, you probably drained it one too many times. If you can't charge & load test (full @ 12.8V) then time for replacement.

Replace the battery; it's gone. Buy a tender; keep the bike on the tender whenever not riding. Even if you were to get luck and get her started, that battery will leave you stranded.

Back