free website stats program help with wheel changing on my fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

help with wheel changing on my fatboy

5050dad

I have a Fatboy 2009 with 17" wheel rims on as standard 3.5" on front and 6" on rear.
I want to change to fat spoke wheels (52spokes)however they dont seem to be anybody doing them ,
The nearest I can find is 18" rims 3.5 on front and 5.5 " rear, will these fit my srandard tyres or will I have to replace my tyres also,
Please help
Paul:newsmile091::)

Not sure I understand your question, but 17" tires aren't going to fit on an 18" rim.
Half inch in rear is fine but 17" tire on 18" rim won't seal properly. I sure wouldn't want to ride it without same diameter rim.
Welcome to the forum.

i'm trying to do the same thing, there is a self help section about standard wheel sizes on your year of bike, it'll also tell you the max you can go without customizing your bike. i am trying to go to spokes as well. the main problem is the fat tire on the front, most models have skinnier wheels on front so everyone makes the skinnier wheels, not to mention the bearing size on a fat boy is different than others (bonus huh?)

i can't wait to see how this thread finishes up, i hope this helped, i'll stay tuned.

Back