free website stats program help with speaker grills | Harley Davidson Forums

help with speaker grills

cavs1429

I just purchased the hogtune six way highway kit for my 09 ultra. I dont want to use the factory cloth speaker grill covers for the front and rear speakers. I see j&m have grill sets with built in tweeters will they fit the hog tune speaker Thanks

I just purchased the hogtune six way highway kit for my 09 ultra. I dont want to use the factory cloth speaker grill covers for the front and rear speakers. I see j&m have grill sets with built in tweeters will they fit the hog tune speaker Thanks

Not sure if grill will fit other speaker but I do know the J&M speakers come with grill replacments as part of the kit. I do not see why they would not since the are all designed to fit in the space.

I don't believe so...the J&M speaker face/front is specifically designed to work w/their speakers. You could add some HD bling inserts, or look at Kuryakyn site - they've got some nice inserts too...

Klockwerks makes an aluminum mesh speaker grill for around $25 that looks pretty good. I've got a set on my Ultra and am pretty happy with them.

I put J&M speakers in my '07.

The Harley speakers all came out in one unit. There wasn't any factory cloth covers remaining.
Just a big hole in the fairing.

The J&M speakers come with their own cover. All one piece.

I did replace the Harley chrome rings on the J&M speakers because I already had them on the Harley speakers.
The glue on the chrome rings is strong enough that they aren't transferable.
They don't come apart.
My old Harley speakers still have the $40 rings attached to them. All laying in a box of parts.

I think you are worried about nothing.

Back