free website stats program Help with removing ISO Grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with removing ISO Grips

I installed ISO grips #6228 on my FLHX. Unfortunately, I slid the left (clutch) side grip up too far on the bar. I'd like to take it off and reposition it further down. I've done a couple of searches for suggestions but the all I get are instructions for removing rubber grips (slide a thin screwdriver under the sleeve and squirt WD-40, contact solvent, finger nail polish, etc. to soften the adhesive). I even watched a video on removing rubber grips with an air compressor! However, these grips have the chrome outer cover so I really can't get under the rubber. Can anyone suggest a way to either remove the chrome outer cover or removing the entire grip? Thanks.

What are they stuck on with, friction only ?

If it had any kind of adhesive on it, you're gonna need to squirt some kind of acetone or something at it and let it sit awhile to loosen that up.

Wonder if you could remove the switch and clutch housings and put a wood block against the lip of grip and hit it some with a hammer over and over and see if it moves.

Be careful and try a heat gun or hair dryer enough to loosen the contact cement you used on the grip and try to rotate the grip:s

Back