free website stats program help with kickstand install PLEASE | Harley Davidson Forums

help with kickstand install PLEASE

flyer6440

I sure would like some help to install my kickstand. I removed it to have it rechromed and the bolt was froze, broke, then it fell out along with the bolt head and some kind of shim or stop or something. Can anyone explain this to me and the location? I know it is fitted to the top of the stand but thats all I know. I'd like to know how it's fitted, direction etc, and also an easy way to install the spring. I'm asking alot huh? I'm new here, my first post. It's a 97 Super Glide Thanks sooo much for any help

Put the stand loosely into the mount and rotate it forward past where it normally goes in the down position to attach the spring. Have the lock cam handy and after you move the stand back into the "down position" put the cam on top of the end of the stand where the bolt goes, it should be marked which side goes up and then install and torque the bole. A bit of grease on the stand pivot area will help it to work smoother.

Thank so much. This is a great site, nice people. now all I have to do is squeeze my big hands in a small space to put the lock cam and bolt there.

Always have the stand folded up when installing the spring as when the stand is down with the bike on it there is a much greater tension in the spring

Brian

Back