free website stats program Help with an air ride seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with an air ride seat

shrtbsrider

A friend gave me a police seat with air bag and tank that he took off of his 06 RK. Does anyone know where to find a mounting bracket that will fit my 08 RK? Or if there is any mod that can be made to the 06 hardware.

Aloha,
I'm not sure which bracket you are talking about, but e-Bay has alot of air ride seat stuff. I don't know why people want to remove a seat like that. To each his own I guess. I put 850 miles on my 08 FLHP in 13 hours and my Butt and Lower Back felt fine. My shoulders were another story and I think that had more to do with the stock handlebars. Do a search on e-bay, I see stuff all the time. Hope this helps!

Needle

You need both the 08+ bracket that mounts at the tank, and the bracket the bolts to the seat itself from the 08+. Otherwise, you got the best seat going!!

I'm looking for the brackets that mount the seat to the bike. I will figure out a way to hide the tank somewhere. Thanx for the input.

I'm looking for the brackets that mount the seat to the bike. I will figure out a way to hide the tank somewhere. Thanx for the input.

My tank is in my left side saddle bag. The tank has a 90 deg bracket that is velcro'd in the front right bottom corner of the left bag. The top lip of the bag is notched to allow the hose to rest between the lip and the lid.

Mounted like this allows me to remove the tank from the bag very easily to allow removal of the bag.

Robinson Harley in Ontario Canada has tons of all the parts for these Police seat. Stacks of seats, t-brackets, plastic pans, and probably that from mount. Be sure to specify year.

Back