free website stats program help removing thunderheaders | Harley Davidson Forums

help removing thunderheaders

NickS

I am in a world of hurt guys. I started taking my exhuast apart last night. and I cant get the pipe off. There are 2 bolts towards the rear that hold the exhaust up. I got the 4 bolts off the exhaust flanges. The Thunderheader pipe is one sold piece and it seems as if I need to spread the two pipes apart(at the motor)? I cant imagine how a guy would spread steal but I've seen worse. Any ideas?

Can't say i've ever ran into that. I just installed a 2 into 1 pipe on mine the other day. The header pipe was all one piece and i just got it around the heads (tward the lower, narrower portion) then moved it up to the correct location. The front and rear pipe was all one piece and there wasn't any spreading or bending involved.

I have the samson calibre's and they took some pulling to get them in place, maybe some of those 2 way clamps for woodworking that clamp or spread? Or as Hobbit suggested a little help from a friend.

well 2 guys and 6 beers later we finally muscled it off. Thanks for the tips guys. FYI....I've got more than a few words to describe the experience, unfortunately I can not use any of them on this forum. Just a pain in the butt.

Back