free website stats program Help removal fuel sender 1994 Wideglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Help removal fuel sender 1994 Wideglide

tomtwix

I have 1994 Wideglide 1340 EVO with split tank and I want to remove the fuel sender to install a new gasket as fuel is weeping from joint when tank is full and bike is leaned over on sidestand.

I can remove the gauge and wiring no problem. Then I remove the TORX screws holding the sender in place but I cannot seem to be able to manouver the sender itself out of the opening in the tank.
Is there some special way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

I don't think that is a split tank on the 94 but in any case, it requires holding your mouth in a certain position and just about standing your head to get it out. It's a matter of just manipulating it in different directions until it's out

Correct, and while not connected to HDT you may use whatever comes out of your mouth directly proportional to the amount of effort to get it free...

Hi Guys

Finally got the fuel sender mechanism & float out with much manouvering in different positions. Much patience needed.

Cut new gasket from some thin rubber sheet reinstalled and now everything ok

Thanks for replys

I hate to be the one to tell you this but rubber and fuel don't get along to well, pick up the proper gasket and replace it.

Back