free website stats program Help on rack for my Fat Boy | Harley Davidson Forums

Help on rack for my Fat Boy

davidfb

I am a relative new rider, ordered my 2011 Fat Boy ABS and got it in late Feb.
I have learned a lot reading the forum here.(joined Nov.2011)
I would like to put a rack on my bike to be able to carry items, from what I have found most install a sissy bar and rack.
I do not plan to ride with a passenger and I really like the look of the bike with out but the further I ride the more I would like to be able to carry stuff.
Does any one ever install just a rack with out the sissy bar or would that not work or look too strange?
This forum is so valuable, especially to a new rider. Thanks

I thought about doing the same but went with a small sissy bar and rack, because once you go on trips the bag gets filled and that bar is nice to have to secure the bag to the bike. Mine is detachable but I haven't removed it as I use it everyday and it leaves more room in the saddlebag. I would really recommend going with the detachable. Good luck!

I would like to put a rack on my bike to be able to carry items, from what I have found most install a sissy bar and rack.
I do not plan to ride with a passenger and I really like the look of the bike with out but the further I ride the more I would like to be able to carry stuff.
Does any one ever install just a rack with out the sissy bar or would that not work or look too strange?

i made my 05 RKP solo. i took off the passanger seat and added a rack with soft luggage....i love it. now i am planing on doing on doing the same to the softail.. quick release, i usaly put on a tywrap to keep the honest people from playing with it

Motherwell Products - Quality Manufactured Motorcycle Accessories I like these racks and have one on my Bob with solo seat

I have the HD Solo Rack of my 2011 Fatboy Lo with a day pack I picked up Dennis Kirk. It holds my rain gear. lite jacket and thermos with room to spare, you have to have someware to put stuff.

davidfb

I have an 2008 fatboy It took me some time to find a rack I liked . I found it on dennis kirks site for $50

Attachments

• CIMG0012.jpg
    CIMG0012.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 36
  • CIMG0014.jpg
    CIMG0014.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 33
Was it easy to install? I take it you remove the passenger seat.
Great looking bike you have there.

A great and easy to install Motherwel luggage rack , it bolts on to the back bolt of the front seat and the hole in the fender where the back seat bolt goes:s

Back