free website stats program Help me decide! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help me decide!

PSU543

I recently purchased a 2007 Fat Boy. I'm about to do a 10,000 mile oil change and wanted some opinions. I'm looking at using either the Lucas 20w50 synthetic motorcycle or the Mobil 1 V-Twin oils in the engine. Then either the lucas or mobil 1 75w/90 gear oil for the tranny.

My real question is what to use in the primary. I've read that the HD F+ is a good choice, but I want to know if I can use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 in it without any problems and is it a good choice? I understand from Mobil's site it there is no friction modifiers in it, which is good for the primary.

Have you read the stickies in this section. Lots of good information there. And, this subject as had a lot of threads. The search engine is your friend! :D

(edit) PS. Welcome to the board!!! You'll find lots of great stuff here and lots of good responses (generally more specific than the one I just gave!!!)

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 2007 Fat Boy. I'm about to do a 10,000 mile oil change and wanted some opinions. I'm looking at using either the Lucas 20w50 synthetic motorcycle or the Mobil 1 V-Twin oils in the engine. Then either the lucas or mobil 1 75w/90 gear oil for the tranny.

My real question is what to use in the primary. I've read that the HD F+ is a good choice, but I want to know if I can use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 in it without any problems and is it a good choice? I understand from Mobil's site it there is no friction modifiers in it, which is good for the primary.

As R.Lewis said..
You'll find those polls at the top of this forum.:s

Back