free website stats program Help me decide!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help me decide!!!!

ploco

I am look at my first real bike. I found two bikes that are in my price range.. a 2003 RK with 20,000 miles, apes, rear tour pack or a 2005 RK 20000 with the extended warranty until 2010? How do I choose?

I would choose the 2005 RK 20000 with the extended warranty until 2010 as long as the valve seals were replaced already. They had a problem with them.

I am look at my first real bike. I found two bikes that are in my price range.. a 2003 RK with 20,000 miles, apes, rear tour pack or a 2005 RK 20000 with the extended warranty until 2010? How do I choose?

That is an easy decision.... the 2005 with extended warranty.

I would go with the 2005 also. Not a big fan of apes and the tour pack and any other accs are easy to add on.

If you are talking "real apes" on your first big bike? Probably not the best plan. You can always add that kind of thing once you are very comfortable riding the bike.

TQ

Are you taking a loan?Not sure what your price range is but keep in mind if you take a loan, interest rates are better on new bikes than old.A used bike loan at 10 percent intertest may end up being the same payment as a new bike at 7 perc.Just something to consider when shopping bikes.

I would choose the 2005 RK 20000 with the extended warranty until 2010 as long as the valve seals were replaced already. They had a problem with them.

Glider,,,how big of a problem was this on the 05 RK? Any other years added to this that you know of?

Glider,,,how big of a problem was this on the 05 RK? Any other years added to this that you know of?

Just the 05 models from inferior valve seals. The MOCO picked up the tab to replace the bad ones that used oil because of the seals.

Back