free website stats program Help identify these wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Help identify these wheels

Bought these wheels from Craigslist & I'm curious about who made them & when. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• P4110004.jpg
    P4110004.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
  • P4110007.jpg
    P4110007.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P4110009.jpg
    P4110009.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 35
I don't know what brand they are, but I like the look of em. Hope somebody here can help you out.

After a few hours of research & some polishing I have the answer. They were made by Sturgis Wheel Company ,but still not sure how much work it will take to mount them on my 95 Fatboy.

Welcome to the forum Chuck. Pull the seals and see what the bearings numbers are. That will give you an idea of what's involved in putting them on your bike.

Hiya Breeze. These are 3 piece cast aluminum wheels . The major issue is going to be the big fat flange that takes the old style cloverleaf rotors. I may have to machine a new right side hub for the rear. Front wheel will bolt up & we may need to machine some spacers. I'll let you guys know how it comes out. I like the wheels because they are unique & I've never seen a set like them. Milling & machining a right side hub may cost a few $ , but I'll still have less than a grand in 'em.

Back