free website stats program HELP! Alarm will not "ARM" | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP! Alarm will not "ARM"

fordomatic69

2008 Anniversary Street Glide. The alarm is completely disabled. I can leave the Fob in the house, drive to the store and the bike will still start up (I have the Hands free wireless FOB). The security system was working a few weeks ago. Here's a bit of history of what's changed.

When installing the "Smart Siren II", I had to pull the MAXI-fuse (40AMP), then I plugged in the Smart Siren II. I put the MAXI-fuse back in and the siren did not chirp, nor did the signals flash twice. I assumed that maybe the siren was faulty. I pulled the MAXI-fuse again and disconnected the siren. When I put the fuse back in, the alarm still would not arm (the LED on the dash does not flash). Thankfully I confirmed with the dealer that my VIN did indeed include wireless security and that my warranty is valid until April 2010 but I will need to leave it with them and I want to avoid that if I can help it.

Anyone ever heard of this before?

Funny part is, my bike is not experiencing any tell tale signs of the pre-relearn symptoms. My bike is not sputtering or stalling. It acts as if the bike does not have an alarm or immobilizer at all. Even the tech at the dealer seems stumped so it looks like a hookup to the digital tech is in order. Thankfully the warranty is still in place.

More than likely they have to reinitialize the FOB's to the system to get it to work right. It's just not recognizing the FOB's

Back