free website stats program Helmet | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet

HOLY DIVER

just wondering if there is a genaral helmet out there there that meets D.O.T. requirements that is comfy and does not feel like you have a 10lb wieght on top of ur head? i'm using a hjc half helmet right not but not happy the wieght is ok but the chin strap feels like its choking me + it allways wants to scoot back on my head even though it seems to fit nice and snug when i first put it on...just think i need some idea's on a better helmet comfort being the #1 factor

We have Helmet laws up here in Nanny land and I always hated helmets cause of the weight and problems that you listed. Now there are carbon fiber helmets that are light and I find fit better then the old cast iron ones(ha ha). Try one out but if you have a choice no helmet is best of all.

We have Helmet laws up here in Nanny land and I always hated helmets cause of the weight and problems that you listed. Now there are carbon fiber helmets that are light and I find fit better then the old cast iron ones(ha ha). Try one out but if you have a choice no helmet is best of all.

we do not have a helmet law here but i choose to wear one. and i want one that does not choke me lol i hate the full faced helmets can't feal the wind to much like riding in a car. thought about an old school style like Peter Fonda had on in Easy Rider Might be more friendly than a half helmet just seems the air coming from my windshield gets caught under it and pulls it up and backwards i have to adjust it at every stop sign:newsmile061:

I have a Harley half helmet, I think it is called a hybrid. It is very light and comfortable. Good luck finding one.

Wife & I both have Kevlar & Carbon Graphic half helmets. Can't recall the name/brand, but they're advertised as the lightest DOTs on the market. I'll look for the name/brand and post a couple of pics with more info when I get back home. Stay Tuned.

As most have stated, carbon fiber one is the lightest yet strongest material, but as you correctly observed, the best one is the one you WILL wear and FITS comfortably.

While I have used a full face helmet and used virtually every brand out there, the HD Carbon Fiber one I recently picked up is my favorite. It is a recently discontinued model, but got it for an incredible buy...so do take your time and find the right one.

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

My wife and I use the half helmets that came with the bike (both custom painted to match the bike) in town putting around, but on long rides the AURI 3/4 with the face shield that flips up and the chatter box blue tooth seems like the lightest and most comfy helmet I have found. Not cheap, but fits great and is hand made and very light. Has great reviews, and is widely used in racing world.:D 2007 Road King SE Cobalt Blue with the Gold inlay flames.

Carbon fiber is $pendy, but probably the best option - if lightweight is your main issue. I wear FF helmets so even though they weight a tad more than others - I like added protection. Neither of mine are carbon fiber & the weight isn't a problem for me. Best recommendation is to go to a larger m/c store & try a few on for fit & comfort. Then you can dial-in the size & order online for cheaper price. Currently I've got a Scorpion Evo 400 & Sparx FF - both suit me fine. Good luck!

Back