free website stats program Helmet Communicators - Where do I Start?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Communicators - Where do I Start??

bobalu

Hello all,

I want to get a helmet to helmet (passenger/driver) communicator set and don't know where to even start because I'm a bit of a technology dufus in this specific area. (heard of Bluetooth, don't really know what it is though...:unsure).

I have a 2010 Road King Classic, my wife wears a full face helmet, and I wear a shorty. I just want something to connect us for some conversation. Not interested in music/Sirius radio/bells and whistles. I don't even care if its wireless or not. I do want it to be good quality and reliable though. I've Googled some stuff but the choices and combinations/accessories are mind boggling (to me).

I trust you people here more than any dealership sales staff, so can someone just point me in a direction to get me started? Budget is $300 - $400 (or less). (started to search here but didn't really find any help in the results).

thanks in advance! :bigsmiley25:

I bought this model back in the fall after doing quite a bit of research:

SMH10

It was around $300 for the dual model (2 helmets) and got lots of excellent reviews.

I wish I could give you a comprehensive review of my own but I haven't gotten around to installing them yet!

SMH10

It was around $300 for the dual model (2 helmets) and got lots of excellent reviews.

I wish I could give you a comprehensive review of my own but I haven't gotten around to installing them yet!

Thanks Doc. That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

I saw a bluetooth helmet for sale in the clearance tab on LeatherUp.com for under $100. Don't know the quality (or the brand) but I'm sure (especially for that price) that you could buy one for you and your wife and pair them for comms. I don't know if you could also pair a cell phone or GPS as well with them (that is a pretty bargain basement price). Worth checking out.

Vcan V136B1 Black Bluetooth Helmet - LeatherUp.com

Use the code 55636 at checkout for a 10% discount on the total order. It also has free shipping.

SMH10

I've got 3 of these and have absolutely no complaints. Excellent sound quality for music and no noise during helmet to helmet comm. (Full face helmets)

Back