free website stats program Hells Angels | Harley Davidson Forums

Hells Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman48

Since I'm fairly new to the Harley world, I have been hearing a :newsmile100:lot about the Hells Angels. What does it mean when you hear one patch, three patch or percent member. I was behind one today that had the top patch, middle patch, and the bottom patch was south Carolina. Are these clubs still bad news as it was in the 60s - 70s time frame.

Are these clubs still bad news as it was in the 60s - 70s time frame.

In a word, YES. A three-piece patch like the one you saw (top rocker, middle logo, and state rocker on bottom) generally denotes an "outlaw" motorcycle club. Whether it be the Hells Angels, the Warlocks, the Pagans, or any other 1%er MC, your best move is to KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. People who are not intimately familiar with that world run a very high risk of offending them, and offending an outlaw biker = he reacts with violence. If you should meet one in a bar, for example, just be very respectful, call him "patch holder", and keep to yourself as much as possible. On the road, just give him some space to ride and you should be fine.

You don't necessarily have to be scared of them. As long as you know how to approach and/ or address them, and you're NOT affiliated with any MC yourself, they SHOULD leave you in peace. But again, these are a rare breed of biker who have chosen a life of nonconformity and violence, so there is no guarantee they will be friendly.

I've been around patch holder's since I was about 10. One of my uncles was in a club in Ontario in the 60's and my brother helped form a MC in high school. For the most part clubber's will leave the general public alone as they don't want the bad publicity. It's a different life in a club and not one for me, also it's nothing like Sons of Anarchy, which is pure fiction. The best advice is leave them alone and they will return the favor. Do not go up to a patch wearer and start asking question's, you may not like the answer's.
The picture is from around 1966.

Attachments

• strokers (WinCE).BMP
    165.1 KB · Views: 158
I worked as a receptionist/service order writer in a shop, I never knew who they were when they came into the shop. A few of them came in wearing business attire, owned businesses, worked for a living at many different occupations and wore regular street clothes. They came into the shop very dignified when they dropped their bike off and picked it up. A when I had seen them again, they were wearing their colors and still with professional behavior when in a business establishment. I was always nice to them when they came into the shop no matter how they were dressed.

All of the above advise is good. I have been around outlaw clubs for several years now and all they want from you is respect and to be left alone. The best advise I can give is stay away.

I've been around patch holder's since I was about 10. One of my uncles was in a club in Ontario in the 60's and my brother helped form a MC in high school. For the most part clubber's will leave the general public alone as they don't want the bad publicity. It's a different life in a club and not one for me, also it's nothing like Sons of Anarchy, which is pure fiction. The best advice is leave them alone and they will return the favor. Do not go up to a patch wearer and start asking question's, you may not like the answer's.
The picture is from around 1966.

Good advice.

Similar story with me, Animal. My uncle has been wearing the three-piece patch for as long as I've been alive. I started to get close to him around age 16, when he gave me a summer job at his construction company. Boy, was that an eye-opener. :newsmile070: Ever since then, I've had a slowly-progressing education on the 1%er life (never chose that life for myself tho).

I like my club - one member, no dues, go where/when I want & enjoy. Like it much better this way...;-)

No need to be member of biker gang because you own a hog. Just saddle up & ride.

No respect for them at all never have never will.
They are what they claim to be. Best to avoid them .
Not all clubs with 3 patches are so called 1%er's.
Do not live your life in fear of trash.

A three-piece patch like the one you saw (top rocker,
middle logo, and state rocker on bottom) generally denotes an
"outlaw" motorcycle club.

You don't necessarily have to be scared of them.

True, a 3-piece patch doesn't necessarily mean they're an outlaw club. And you don't have to be afraid of them, but a healthy respect is a good idea. Disagreeing with the lifestyle is one thing, most people decide it's not for them, but disrespecting an outlaw biker is like poking a bear with a stick.

They Are FREE Just like a Bear in the Woods,

Most clubs are designed to be a social experience, so you all can share the enjoyment of the ride together. The hard life isn't the way to go, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back