free website stats program Hello from Whittier CA | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from Whittier CA

SteveQ

~Wave~
Hello everyone. I live in the Friendly Hills of Whittier, CA, near Los Angeles.
I ride a 1995 Road King that I maintain myself. It has a Sputhe engine, now at 106", with a fresh, complete rebuild. Every inside is new except the cam and lifters, which I will change out shortly. I have new Red Shift cam and S&S lifters ready to go in.
I am an avid photographer, and like to dabble in photoshop etc. Living in So. Ca. is great, because I can ride all year long. Although sometimes it gets really really cold, like down into the 60's.
I was a commercial printer for many years, now I just work on the bike and the house. I have a great no-nonsense wife who rides with me sometimes, but does not go to events. (Hates the crowds. I love 'em)
I am 65 and pretty mellow most of the time, and will lend a hand or advice, when I think it is needed. I can turn into a handful when challenged to do so, and my wife can verify that.
Have fun, ride safe.
SteveQ

Attachments

• Right Hand Drive s.jpg
    Right Hand Drive s.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from southeastern CT.
WAP.gif

Welcome from Tempe, AZ.

I lived in Whittier as a kid, back in the 50s when it was a big deal being Nixon's home town. His brother had a drive-in we used to go to, which went belly-up about when we left generating jokes about the family's management abilities. Attended West Whittier Elementary and lived near a warehouse that, supposedly, stored munitions for use in Korea.

Folks moved when dad picked up the rumor that a freeway was going in. I rode there once to find the old house, and the 605 runs behind the houses across the street.

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back