free website stats program Hello Fellow Riders | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello Fellow Riders

Maynarddad123

I'm looking to get new slip ons for my new 2017 Road Glide Special which I have owned for two weeks now. My previous bike was a 2009 Street Glide which I loved but I let the salesman talk me into test riding a new one and I had to take them up on an offer I couldn't refuse. The more I ride it the more I love it, last weekend my wife and I rode all day around North Eastern NC and I never got tired. I did however get hungry, so we did stop in Edenton and have dinner and a beer befor heading home. I recommend Edenton It's a nice town to stop and check out. The only thing I would like to change are the pipes when I'm running 60-70 all I hear is the wind. So any suggestions on which pipes would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!

For what it is worth, I had a 2005 Deuce with Vance & Hines ( don't remember the exact model, but they pretty much stopped at the rear axle), they were loud...I didn't much like them, but they were on the bike when I bought it. I went with Rineharts for my Road King, and I really like them. They give me a good sound and I do not feel compelled to wear earplugs when I ride. :) I will wear one ear bud on occasion and listen to some tunes however.

Welcome from Wisconsin.I put the Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons on Mine.They were ok.Had a nice rap to Them.But,the left baffle came loose after 1000 miles.Exchanged and sold those on ebay.Went back to stock after I saw a dyno video that showed no performance increase with street cannons.

Thanks for the info, I'm listening to video's of different pipes but you can only learn just so much from that. I'm going to take my time and hopefully I'll run into someone who has pipes on their bike I can hear. As much as I would like to change them it won't stop me from riding.

I have the Full Boar series with 2" baffles, slash cut on my 2005 FLHTCI. They are made by Jones Performance and after about 500 miles on them they sound sweet. Classic deep tone Harley rumble, no popping on deceleration. Plenty loud enough to be heard without being radical. Chrome and quality is immaculate and cost new $249.99 with free shipping.

Edited to add: Welcome to the forum from Georgia

Back