free website stats program Hello and thanks for the add.....maybe you all can help me find a part for my Road King 2005 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello and thanks for the add.....maybe you all can help me find a part for my Road King 2005

Steve Allen

looking for drivers backrest for 2005 ….it has 2 holes to hold it in place, and is the same width as the new style but very distinct with the 2 holes side by side
My research has found that it was used up until 2009 where it was replaced with totally different type.....which is not what H-D says. they list the new one to fit from 97' to present....it does not...bought it and tried to fit it...too tall and did not latch in...mine has a remote handle/cable to select the position front to back....Part number from H-D is 52476-01B
Any help would be nice. I have spent the last 3 days going across America trying to find this part. Found a dealer that supposedly had one but has not returned emails or phone calls...…..just real frustrating......
thanks,
Steve
Please use the PM system on the forum to exchange contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve; I have both styles of HD backrests for my '07 Electra Glide. Yours is the cable operated adjustable, but I don't quite understand just what part of it you need. The "two holes side by side" and "won't latch in" are throwing me off. Is what you want in any of the linked ebay adverts? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...st.TRS0&_nkw=harley+drivers+backrest&_sacat=0
I have the base mount and cable...…....they work fine I need the backrest itself. Sorry for the confusion. I don't have a pic to share. the new style from Harley will not work they changed suppliers in '08-09 to the new style and it is way different
I tried the link you sent and none of the listed is what I am after....except it the one showing the cable style has the same dimensions for the mounting hole as mine does...If you have an '07 the backrest should be the same IF it is held in place by a spring plat that has 2 pins to hole the back rest in place.
Sorry if I am not painting the correct picture...….I don't have anything to share a picture of what I need.
Thanks again for the quick reply.
Steve

Back