free website stats program Hello all! My sportster pics | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello all! My sportster pics

Baggh

Great site! As I mentioned in an earlier post I had stumbled upon this site yesterday while surfing for some HD parts. What a find... a wealth of info and a great one stop shop to see or find things to add-on to your bike... after all.. its hard to decide what to do to your bike unless you see some ideas first.

exactly 2 weeks ago I picked up my first Harley... Got it from Full Boar cycles here in Dallas. '06 Sportster XL 883... 4,400 miles. I already put 1k miles on it! luv it.

The bike came with:
  • Vance Hines dual pipes
  • chrome skull logo plate air filter
  • chrome skull gearbox cover
  • chrome skull fuel cap
  • skull logo gear shifter
  • chrome side panels
  • chrome belt housing
  • windshield (which I took off cause it looked too cruiser~ish to me)
  • chrome rear master cylinder

I added:
  • chrome skull handgrips
  • chrome skull footpegs
  • chrome skull mirriors
  • oil dipstick temp gauge
  • chrome front master cylinder
  • chrome skull valve stem covers

Short term to-do list
  • Ordered Sidekick seat... should be on within the week
  • Thinking about black matte powder coating the wheels
  • get rid of the Sportster logo on the tank (too extreme or cheesy for my likes... get something more vintage... some HD tank fonts and treatments look like they're straight from some old 1920's locomotive
)

right on

ok... pics for real...

bike_01.jpg

bike_02.jpg

bike_03.jpg

bike_04.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments all. I have a SideKick seat to put on it that is supposed to arrive tomorrow and the XL tachometer kit on the way. I can't wait to add these parts!

Been checking on prices and such to get the wheels powder coated glossy black. Finding good prices but I cannot find anyone to remove the wheels. I can do it myslef but I am worried about the bike topling over til I get the wheels back. All i have is the typical hydraulic truck jack to hold it up and I'm not going to trust that to balance it. Maybe I'll have to do one wheel at a time ... that stinks cause it will take that much longer to do this.

Looks like the front turn signals have already been relocated for you too.
Black powdercoating the wheels (and the engine :D ) is a good idea.
Welcome!

Back